Thursday, September 2, 2010

Topps Tribute 2010 - Cards from Cardboard Connection

I'm sucker for the old school cards and modern cards that reflect and old design and showcase players from a previous era.

Unfortunately, Topps Tribute 2010 didn't do it for me. I received some cards from Cardboard Connection for their "Three I'd Like to See" promotion. I didn't win the contest, but it was really cool of them to throw some cards my way.

The 2010 Topps Tribute cards I received:
- Rogers Hornsby 50/51
- Walter Johnson
- Johnny Bench

I'm all for the sepia background, but in my opinion, the card is a little bland, it's hard to read the script font they use on the shiny front. I like the thickness of the card and having the player stand-out, but it's just missing something for me.

Let me know if you're collecting the set and are interested in the cards.

Thanks again to Cardboard Connection for the schwag.

No comments: