What a mess! November and December are great months to see how your team is going to improve for next season. The decisions on what players will get signed and traded are mostly complete by Christmas.
And just when we should be gearing up for this hot-stove time. . . MLB once again puked all over itself. Like a bad dream where you can't move your legs in the middle of a busy intersection, MLB can't seem to dodge any of traffic heading right at them.
- Former (d) Senator, George Mitchell's office claims that their 2 year, bloated witch hunt report is nearly complete and will name players involved in steroids before it was illegal.
- PayRod's agent Scott Boras tries to steal the thunder from the World Series by announcing that Rodriguez will opt out of his deal.
- Scott Boras is grilled in a New Yorker column called "The Extortionist" because of his grip on the game.
- PayRod crawl's back to the Yanks and is going to be a 1/4 billion dollar paid athelete. It'll take him 2 innings of one game to equal the median US household annual income.
- The MLB home run king, Barry Bonds, is getting indicted for lying about his steroid use and obstruction of justice during the Balco federal trial.