Friday, January 22, 2010

2010 Super Bowl NFL Experience - Not This Year

NFL has CXL their EXP.

I've gone to two NFL Experiences and both have been great times. There are a ton of games, free autographs, cool interactive experiences with players, and Topps hosts a huge card show in the middle of it all.

Unfortunately, fans headed to south Florida won't be experiencing any of that this year. As previously announced last May, the NFL canceled the event for this year's Super Bowl. I believe it's the first time in 18 years they will not have it. There is usually still a ton of events around the host city, cook-offs, fireworks, parades and parties.

I think the cancellation is due to the economic impacts of the corporate sponsors (although the league has laid-off several people this year). It's a huge expense for Samsung, Direct TV and others.

Hopefully the league will add it back next year when the Super Bowl is in Jerry's World.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward for Superbowl, I wish Vikings will make the bowl. I even had tix from Ticketsinventory.com. I can't wait! with some spiked sweets, everything's gonna be allright and Vikings will win. hmmm delecious!lol