On Monday I blogged that I would dedicate the next several posts to ways the National can improve. Partnering with JDRF in honor of Ron Santo is a great first step.
Santo was a Chicago legend, a hero to many fans, and an inspiration to millions of Americans suffering from Diabetes.
I'd like to see the National partner with JDRF to raise money for the foundation. Some ideas to do this:
- Turn the Preview Night (4 hours on Wednesday) to the JDRF night - all admission funds go to the foundation.
- Host an auction of memorabilia donated by some of the vendors attending and friends of Santo.
- Host a dinner after the Wednesday night show to benefit JDRF
- Provide focus on one cause for one person's legacy
- Grab the attention by making it a one night event or proceeds from the entire weekend
- Engage and focus collectors
- Make it easy to take action by having an auction, a dinner or proceeds from the weekend donated.