Friday, December 11, 2009

Paging Doc Fernando Seaver

The Sportflics TriStars cards always annoyed me. Instead of getting one good image on a card, I was stuck with three bad ones.


You always had to hold the card just right way and in the right light to see the players. It reminds me of a Jerry Seinfeld sitcom girlfriend - remember the two-faced date? Depending on the lighting, she looked great - in a different lighting... not so much.

This card has Doc Gooden, Fernando Valenzuela and Tom Seaver - if you look at it in the right light.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the regular Sportflics cards, because I thought the whole moving picture gimmick was cool.

The TriStars just stunk. Three bad pictures of three different on one card is not as much fun as a card with three pictures of the same player that appear to move, and it's not as good as three different cards for three different players.

James said...

I never got into the changing picture thin - it always frustrated me more than anything else.