Sunday, March 7, 2010

Card Bloggers Do Some Crazy Stuff

Last year I did some skydiving. It was a great experience and an awesome adrenaline rush. This year I'm doing my first polar bear plunge!

I'll take pictures and video of the event - no guarantees I'll have any that look like this one.

To benefit Special Olympics of Delaware, I'm diving in to the 2010 Lewes Polar Bear Plunge at Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Our team name is Carol Bak's Beach Beauties and we're trying to raise $500 to benefit Special Olympics of Delaware. This is the first plunge that I'm doing with my cousin Carol - she's an athlete in the Special Olympics and has been doing this for years!

I'm doing the 5K run on Saturday, March 13 and the Polar Bear Plunge is Sunday, March 14. The water temperature is 37 degrees right now!

If you can, I'd really appreciate any contribution you can afford to this great cause. You can donate here.

No comments: