Sunday, March 28, 2010

Former NFL GM and NFL Exec Likes Cards Too

You never know who you'll meet at a sports card show.

On Saturday, I ran into Charlie Casserly at a dealer's table while I was looking for some '62 Topps.

I was standing next to him looking through a binder when the dealer said to him, "haven't I done business with you before?" I answered, "That's Charlie Casserly from the Redskins and NFL Network."

I introduced myself to Charlie and took this picture with my cell phone. I must have ran into Charlie Casserly about ten times at the show. It was funny to see such a high powered executive with different teams and with the NFL just walking around the show with hardly anyone recognizing him.

2 comments:

Chris Andrew said...

Haha that's awesome! Thanks for snapping a picture. What kind of cards did he like to collect?

James said...

@Chris - I saw him looking at '60s cards when I first saw him. But I ran into throughout the show. He was looking at vintage pennants, magazines, and older collectibles.