Monday, November 24, 2008

Card and Memorabilia Show Weekend

I went to this weekend's Chicago Sun Times Show this weekend. I thought it was run pretty well, there were a lot of dealer tables with good cards, and the autograph pavilion area was nice. I spent most of my time looking at the cards and tables, but I did get a few autographs too.

Bernie Kosar made a rare signing appearance. For being one of the most popular Browns in the last 25 years, he hasn't appeared much on the autograph circuit. I got him to sign my 1990s Cowboys Helmet. Bernie played a minor role and was signed mid-way through the Dallas' Super Bowl XXVIII run. Of course he signed his name like he was the player on the team. Look at how big that signature is! On a helmet with Troy Aikman, Darryl Johnston, Michael Irvin and more... Bernie's signature is biggest! Ah geeze.

Bernie was very cool to everyone though. He talked to us for about minutes discussing Browns football. It's conversations like that which really add to the autograph experience.

3 comments:

Wax Heaven said...

You kind of remind me of a young Rush Limbaugh.

James said...

I should have clarified. That's Bernie Kosar on the left of the picture. :)

James said...

Rush?
Except for not being short, fat, bald, smoking a cigar, and full of myself.... other than that...