Thank you to everyone who reads and/or responds to the SportsLocker Blog. I think of this blog as my therapy to escape the turbulent environment where we work, live, and try to play. If reading it, responding to it, or throwing your laptop because of my grammatical errors also helps you escape life for a moment, then I am very Thankful.
I don't have a hidden agenda of trying to get hired by "The Hardball Times." You won't see me counting hits, number of posts in a year, links, RSS subscriptions, or any of that on the blog. Sure, I check all of that, but I really don't think anyone reading a blog cares if it has 15 or 1,500 hits in a week. I also don't think anyone cares if I made the 10th or 100th blog entry. I'm just thankful that you stop by and read it once in a while or RSS the blog.
I'm also thankful for some of the great blogs out there that follow, report, and give opinions on the sports card and memorabilia hobby. I may not agree with everything they write, but they are part of a healthy dialog that builds our community and improves our hobby. I don't have a SportsLocker Six (yes, I'm still bitter about not being in the Wax Heavenly Seven - j/k), but here are some I'm thankful for:
- 30 Year Old Cardboard - Great writing and interest cards
- Autographed Cards - I really like the autographs
- Beckett Blog - Popular or not, they are the leader in the card industry
- Cardboard Junkie - I learn a lot reading this
- Fielder's Choice - Great passion for the hobby
- Padographs - I'm a sucker for a good autograph story
- Paul's Random Stuff - The name says it all and it's great
- Phungo - I'm a Mets fan and I still really like this blog!
- Sports Card Info - If you don't learn something reading this, then . . .
- Sports Cards Uncensored - Great reviews, subjects, and vocabulary
- The Nennth Inning - Good baseball blog which focuses on the NY Cy Young winner
- Wax Heaven - Maybe I'll crack the Heavenly Seven in '09? And maybe Pete Rose will make the HOF too. Seriously, this is one of the best.
I'm not perfect - I know I may have missed some blogs. If you have one or read one and think I should include it, then post a comment. I'll add it to the blog roll as long as it isn't Taylor Dayne.
Again, thank you for your readership and comments - I really appreciate it.