What is the relationship with Sports Collector's Digest and Coach's Corner? According to the NY Daily News . . . it's over.
To summarize the story like the end of every Scooby Doo episode:
- Coach's Corner and SCD were receiving a lot of tough questions from collectors over the authenticity of their auction items.
- Collectors began questioning the authenticity of the items and the alleged improper relationship between a company built to be a voice of collector (SCD) and a company with a questionable reputation (CC).
- TS O'Connell was tired of fielding questions about the authenticity of the items and the stopped taking comments on his blog (now an online column).
- The conversation didn't stop, it moved somewhere else - blogs like Mike the Ring Guy.
- Two organizations who may have been leaning on each other for survival are standing alone.
Was SCD pressured to stop taking advertising dollars from Coach's Corner? Did the internet and bloggers have an affect? Or as the comments on the Mike the Ring Guy's blog suggest - is this the tip of the iceberg?
"And they would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"