Monday, September 14, 2009

Gary Carter Autograph Ducks Baseball

Gary Carter will sign anything . . . that has a Long Island Ducks logo. The former Mets catcher and Hall of Famer is the manager of the independent league baseball team and signs autographs before most games.


However, Carter will only sign Long Island Ducks merchandise for free. If you want a Mets item signed, he requests a $25 donation to the Gary Carter Foundation.

Positive blog karma to Paul from Paul's Random Stuff for getting the autograph baseball and sending it to me. This is a great piece to add to my Mets collection. Paul l was nice enough to attend the game and navigate his way to Carter for the autograph. All I had to do was pay for the baseball and shipping. A HOF autograph and an'86 Mets champion for the price of a baseball and USPS - sounds good to me! Check out Paul's blog or follow him on Twitter.

Gary Carter will finish his first season as manager of the Long Island Ducks on Sunday. They have an afternoon home game against the Camden Riversharks. I hope his 2010 season as Manager is a few exits down on the Long Island Expressway at Citi Field!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like the baseball.

I'd prefer to see Carter managing the Mets next year, but I think we'll have another year of Jerry Manuel.

James said...

Paul - I'd like to see him in Flushing too. I agree with Ojeada's statement the other team. This team is making too many fundamental errors regardless of who is on the field.

Dinged Corners said...

Sweet!