Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pete Rose 1984 Topps #300

Pete ended the 1983 season with the Phillies a little dissapointed.


The "Wheeze Kids" lost to the Baltimore Orioles in the World Series 4 games to 1. Rose hit .375 in the NLCS against the Dodgers and .313 in the World Series despite getting benched in Game Three.

At the conclusion of that season, the Phils wanted to bring Rose back, but in a more limited role. Pete had a great post season, but during the year his average dipped to .245 (a career low).

In October, Rose (unwilling to take the limited role) was granted his release and signed a free agent contract with the Montreal Expos. Pete spent part of the 1984 season in Montreal before trading himself back to the Cincinnati Reds.

Sorry - This is a bad scan of the card I have, but those blue uniforms rock!

3 comments:

Pat said...

I have this card and quite a few more. How can I find out what they are worth? patpatterson3@gmail.com

Thanks

Pat said...

I have a 1984 Pete Rose Topps #300 along with a few more cards. How can I find out how much they may be worth?

James said...

Hi Pat - Thanks for commenting.
I think the best way to find the worth is by doing a eBay completed auctions search. I don't have the current baseball Beckett that goes back to '84 otherwise I'd give that amount to you. Sports Collector's Digest magazine list quite a few of the older ones too.