Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Detroit Tigers Will Win the AL Central

In 2008, the Tigers got away from what made them successful, pitching and defense. I think this off-season they've made moves to improve themselves enough to win the AL Central.


Their middle of the field defense will improve a ton with Adam Everett at SS and Gerald Laird behind the plate. I know, Pudge was there last year, but lets be honest, he was a shell of himself.

I think the pitching will improve with a healthy Zumaya and Rodney in the bullpen and bounce-back years from Verlander, Robertson, Bonderman - they can't have back-to-back horrible seasons can they?!

I see Detroit winning the AL Central followed closely by Cleveland, Chicago and Minnesota all in the mix.

2 comments:

Troy said...

Best blog post ever!

James said...

How did I know you'd think that! :)