Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ricky Williams Minor League Baseball Card

I almost forgot I had this one! This is a 1998 Minor League Baseball card of the Batavia Muckdogs.


In '98 the Muckdogs were affiliated with the Philadelphia Phillies. During that season, Williams played in 13 games, hit .283 and stole 6 bases. He only had three RBIs though and didn't get an extra base hit in 53 ABs. Williams struck out 16 times and walked twice.

The 1998 season was the last Minor League baseball season for Ricky Williams.

I was a huge Ricky Williams fan when he came out of college. I really thought he'd have a great NFL career. He seemed to regain his focus this year, but he's not nearly the player I thought he would have been.

Other football greats who played minor league baseball:

  • John Elway
  • Brian Jordan
  • Deion Sanders
  • Drew Henson (ha)

7 comments:

Wax Heaven said...

DAMN! Never knew this existed.

Nice find.

deal said...

Not sure he is a football great but DJ Dozier - Mets/Vikings.

never really did much with either. I remember him hitting a Grand Slam in a Spring training game v the Phillies. a couple of days later the Phils traded the reliever for Mitch Williams.

zman40 said...

That is a cool card. I hvae never seen one of those before.

James said...

I bought the 1998 team set like nine years ago or something... completely forgot about it.

DJ Dozier! Yeah, I remember him. Was he a Penn State RB too? I think he's in the Drew Henson football/baseball category.

Unknown said...

RICKY WILLIAMS 1998 PIEDMONT BOLL WEEVILS JUST "99" card !!

Anonymous said...

Any rough estimate of the value for this card???

James said...

@Anon - I have no idea on the value of this thing.