9. You learn something new all the time.
8. Each card tells a story about the player.
7. Opening baseball cards in the winter makes you feel like spring training is just around the corner.
6. They conveniently fit in a coat pocket which makes it easy to hide a new pack of cards from your spouse.
5. You are never as big a geek as the next to you at the National or Hobby Shop.
4. They are easy to destroy if your favorite player pisses you off.
3. It's cheaper than collecting cars.
2. Handling them delicately teaches you how to hold a baby.
1. A sense of accomplishment when you complete a set or get another new card from your favorite player.