Monday, July 14, 2008

Len Dawson Dallas Texans Autograph at CSA Show

Here's a picture of my Len Dawson autograph from Saturday.

Dawson signed an RK 1962 Dallas Texans Helmet at the CSA Show in Chantilly, VA on July 12. This is the helmet I bought from RealSports.com.

In the 1962 season, the Texans won the AFL Championship (which Dawson also inscribed). Following that season, the Texans decided to stop competing with the new Dallas Cowboys for the hearts of Texas football fans. Lamar Hunt moved the team to Kansas City and became the Chiefs.

Dawson signed the helmet with a silver sharpie pen. I had seen a few KC Chiefs helmets with black sharpie signatures and I didn't think it jumped out enough, so I decided on silver.
I'm pretty happy with this piece. The silver autograph stands out better than what this picture indicates.

Len Dawson appeared to be in great shape. He didn't talk much, but he shook my hand and smiled when I said thank you. I know, it doesn't seem like much, but compared to what other ex-atheletes do, I'll take Dawson's reaction any day.

No comments: